New Computer Setup
Congrats!! You just purchased a new computer!
It’s a lot of work to get a new computer set up. We can do that for you. We will even come unpack it for you and do the cable management, so everything looks neat and clean when you settle in to take over.
We will walk you through your new purchase, explain features you may not be sure of. We will, if appropriate, get you hooked up to your internet (wired or wireless).
• Remove pre-installed bloatware and trial software
• Download the most common programs
• Connect to your home Wi-Fi or wired network
• Transfer data (files, folders, documents, photos) from your old computer
• Set up your email and login to social media
• Load and configure virus protection software
• Arrange security updates to keep your computer constantly protected
• Ensure printers and scanners are connected correctly
• Install the software you use for everyday tasks
• And, of course, suggest a service plan to keep your computer safe and secure
This is a combined on-site and ‘in-shop’ service. We require you to first bring your both new and old computer to our shop (local pickup and deliver is available). We can then transfer data. Depending on how much there is, it can take several hours – and we don’t have to charge you to sit and wait for the transfer to complete! After it’s done, we can come to your home or office and finish setting everything up the way you want it.
This premium service is available by appointment ONLY and starts at $250 for local service. Additional fees will be added for things like, travel time, data transfer over 100GB and add-on services you may want to purchase. Save up to $200 on this service, and so much more by joining our VIP Monthly Service Plan!! If you purchased your new computer through Computer Chick, we even waive your Service Plan Setup Fee!!